Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Growing up

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am fiercely overprotective of my girls. They have strict rules about who they can hang out with and where they go. I basically, must know where they are at all times.

Alysia just started staying home by herself within the last year regularly. Before that it was only in spurts if I felt comfortable and if I wasn't going to be gone very long. And of course, I'd call her ten times to make sure she was okay. Two years ago, we tested the waters and left both girls home by themselves. Not for long and only for quick runs to Target or the market. At that time, Kyra called my phone ten times asking when I was going to be home.

Flash forward to yesterday. Kyra called to ask me if she could stay at school to help pass out fliers. I said no because I had a work appt that I was going to pick her up for and Alysia was coming with me. She asked if we would leave a key for her and that one of the mom's would drop her off. Whaaaat? Okaaaaay....I said. I made her promise to call me when she got home.

Kyra called to let me know she was home and I was able to concentrate on my work appt. I rushed home after dropping Alysia off at cheer and walked in to the smell of popcorn and Kyra sitting in her Dad's spot on the couch watching 'Ellen'. Nothing to worry about and my baby is growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment