Friday, November 30, 2007

November in a Flash

In an effort to try and catch up here is a super blast of things that happened in November:

I chaperoned Kyra's field trip to Coloma where the class camped out in bunks by the American River for their Gold Discovery Field trip for two days. The kids were taught all about the miners and relived some of their experiences in making shelter, food and digging for gold.

Kyra and Daelee pan for gold. Kyra wasn't really into the gold, she preferred the warmer activities.
One of the days was spend hiking to the top of the mountain. Yes, that's right I hiked all the way to the top without keeling over. Although, some moments were questionable.

My favorite night was the hoe down. Everyone (adults included) had to participate in the dancing.
A few days after returning, Kent and I boarded a plane to Vegas to celebrate my big 4-0. I was so happy to spend a few days with my family and friends. The only flaw was that Rickey, Lanne and Marlo (loooosers) couldn't be with me. Rickey and I decided we would celebrate together later after he turns 40 since I will miss his bash as well.
40 and lookin' fine. haha

The party gang after Dinner at Benihana's.

Of course, the highlight of the trip was the Barry Manilow Concert! oh yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment