Monday, December 4, 2006

Training, Training and More Training

After a plane change, I landed down in Memphis, Tennessee to begin my week long training for Varsity Spirit. I had been to Memphis many times before, but this time it was some serious training. The evening began with a mixer and introductions. My assigned roommate was also from CA (San Luis Obispo) and we clicked right away. Our days began at 8:15 am and ended at 5:30pm. Most nights there was homework or organized group outings with an assigned group called our Phase Family. Everyone there was so nice and the atmosphere SO very professional!

Here is a view of the set up. Everyday our seats were changed so that you were sitting next to someone different every day.
Believe it or not, those Pom codes mean something!! And you better know them too!

Uniforms! Who knew there was so much to know about detailing, lettering and braiding? Not me! And most of you know I have been either a cheerleader or a coach for over half my life. I will never look at a cheer uniform the same again!

The time change was so rough on us! This is Kristen (my roomie) banging her head on the keyboard. Most days around 1pm, we hit a major brick wall and felt like we could slip into a coma at any time!
On my first and second day, I sat between Stacey (on my right) and little Miss Katy. Both from Florida and both as crazy as I am. The four of us became our own Phase Family on the evenings we were allowed to venture out. I became the designated driver on our outings because of my keen sense of direction. One evening I met up with my old boss for dinner and had him drop me off at the mall to meet up with them and found out they had only been there 2o minutes before me because they were lost!
One night we headed to downtown Memphis and ended up eating at Big Foot Lodge. Little did we realize that everything really was proportioned for a Big Foot. The drink above was mine. That is more than I drink in a year. It was so strong, it burned my throat. Needless to say I took the picture at the end of the meal. No one could drink it.
The guys behind us ordered this huge cheeseburger. A $500 prize is given out to anyone that can finish it in an hour. No one ever wins and the guy behind us barely put a dent in it.
Here we are again, with Kianna who was the 5th member of our phase family 2~
One night for dinner, the company took us to BBKings on Beale street. We ordered whatever we wanted and were given 2 drink coupons. Being the practically non-drinker I am, I ordered two of these for the souvenir glasses. I actually drank this one, since there was little to no alcohol in it. The second one I had the waitress take back to clean out the glass and she actually tried to give me to-go cup.
It was a good fun week with lots of hard work. I was anxious to get back home because I missed my family. And boy did I have a lot waiting for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment